Sunday, December 17, 2006

Something about small leeks sinking big ships...


This one just made it into my little black book of places/food to avoid and recommend against. And I'm sure it's not because of an unfortunate luck of the draw that this experience is way below expectations. It's the leek and bacon with goat cheese tart from Toast and and tastes nothing like what it is named. First of all, it's filled up with leeks and hardly any bacon. A cheaper and smaller quiche from Delifrance would probably have multitudes more ham in them than this has bacon. I only detected my first small bits by the time I'm about done with this. And there wasn't the slightest hint of goat cheese flavor. So what you're getting is a regular quiche like tart filled mostly with leeks. I wonder if the quality at Toast is any indication of what to expect from Marmalade Pantry and Pierside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tried their mushroom tart/quiche recently and was disappointed too... big in size but lacking in tastiness... :(