Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Pied Piper's Pie


I don't recall having a pie which I thought was better than Don's. After today, I still haven't. Lol. I was thinking Piper's looks kinda good, having passed by the stall at the basement of Raffles City on several occasions and catching a waft of the golden brown pastries. I had originally wanted to check out the Beef, Bacon and Cheese but I was there pretty late and they were out. The good news is that if you're there late, all pies (no matter which one) goes for $5. This one up there is....some creamy chicken pie with white wine in the sauce. Couldn't tell from the taste. At all. It's filled with plenty of chunky chicken meat though. Pretty big chunks. What didn't quite cut it was the creamy sauce which I thought was pretty weak. It's not so good, despite how it looked.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will stuff earplugs in my ears next time I hear the Pied Piper of City Hall play his flute!

Try Big Ben's (15 Swan Lake Ave)for yummylicious pies with a great crust that don't cost the earth. It's a lil ulu, but they deliver, I think.

Steak & kidney, steak & guiness are good - and yes, there's a fair amount of meat.

LiquidShaDow said...

Will take note of that. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Anonymous said...

goodies! I gonna try this

carolyn said...

I like the lamingtons. The pie is not fantastic. I also prefer Don's pies.