Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Out of the Pan, Raffles City

black pepper beef with sundried tomato crepe

Out of the Pan has been around for years as far as I can remember and this was the first time I'm eating here. What they do are mostly crepe which comes in either plain, whole wheat or sun dried tomato flavour. Besides that, there is a small selection of salads and crepe and waffles. 

In spite the small selection of fillings, the place is almost constantly crowded during meal hours. I wondered why. I'm not saying that the food was bad. The crepe was actually decent but I guess the popularity led me to believe that it was better. The Seafood Jungle came with real seafood. A generous amount of prawns, scallops and real shredded crab meat. Glad that this place didn't use crab sticks in their seafood whatever. It came with an unidentified sauce which was pretty okay if unspectacular. The black pepper option lacked the kick I was looking for in the pepper (it's just the regular sweet black pepper sauce). Overall the place wasn't bad but I'm not exactly inclined to re-visit.
 
the seafood jungle

No comments: