Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More from Muthu's Curry

I've had some cravings for Indian food these couple of weeks. After the recent trips to Race Course Road, the options available at Muthu's Curry (#B1-056, Suntec City Mall, 3 Temasek Boulevard, tel: 68357707) doesn't look as attractive as before. Despite some comments I've heard about this restaurant being commercialized, I still think that the food here is really not too far off from what cooking down in Little India. Am I wrong about that? I think I found myself enjoying both the spicier butter chicken here and the subdued and creamier version down at Jaggi's. The marsala prawns slathered in the thick spicy and nutty gravy are still crunchy, though they appear to be a little smaller than I remember them. I had the navratan korma for the first time and it 's a mixed vegetable dish in a cashew and cream gravy. While the gravy was pretty decent, I couldn't taste any elements of cashew or even nuttiness in the flavor and I thought that the scent of the cloves was rather strong. And now, I too recognize that the lassi over at Delhi Restaurant and Spice Junction are way better than the ones served here.

Considering the cost at this place, I think the restaurants down at Race Course Road or anywhere else in Little India presents a more interesting and favorable options.

chennai cabbage curry

butter chicken

navratan korma

marsala prawns

No comments: