Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Portuguese Egg Tarts from Lisboa Bakery

This is some place that I probably wouldn't visit if not for a fact that a co-worker lives there. Lisboa (Blk 642 Bukit Batok Central, #01-150, tel: 6563 5423) is a bakery selling Portuguese-styled confectionery and naturally, egg tarts come to mind.

PET aka Portuguese Egg Tarts

I was given a box of these goodies by my co-worker during tea break one day. The crusts look weak, dry and maybe a bit unsightly, while the surface of the eggs does not look as charred. Although their looks are not appealing, I have decided to give them a try because the strong egg aroma coming from the tarts are weakening my willpower.

I did not regret as they tasted quite good. The crusts were not too oily and crispy at some parts. The egg custard were soft and fragrant, making me want to pop another tart in my mouth. I was hoping that the surface was more charred and the tarts were warm. This was my afternoon salvation nonetheless.

Egg tarts anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the tarts may be nice but not Lisboa BREAD.
its terrible.

I normally buy stuffs from the bakery opposite Lisboa. haha.