Thursday, May 08, 2008

Breakfast from Leo's Espresso Bar


There seems to be quite a few coffee places springing out lately and this seems to be one (Leo's Espresso Bar, 1 Raffles Place. B1-03D, OUB Centre, tel : 6533 6853) that is rather well tuned to the crowd at Raffles Place. I hear that this small cafe gets pretty crowded and the takeaway customers look to be doing good for the place. Unfortunately, I like my coffee fragrant and strong and the one here doesn't quite make that cut. Even with an extra shot, the cappucino didn't really pack the oomph that I was looking for. But for a nice little coffee shop that places house/dance early morning and a breakfast and coffee at $8, this wasn't too expensive. Still, I would have preferred the bacon to be more browned instead of limp. The butter for the warm soft bread was rather salty as well, but I'm not complaining on that. The minuscular kitchen area doesn't look like it can handle anything more complex than what I've had and waiting time looks to be seriously be a bitch if it gets crowded. I happened to have wandered in the vicinity of Boon Tat Street and Amoy Street recently and saw another outlet there at Telok Ayer too.

No comments: