Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ruby Poh Piah, Whampoa Food Centre



I had heard/read that this was a good poh piah store with generous use of ingredients for their stuffings (#01-53, Whampoa Drive Blk 90) and now that I've had it, I didn't think much of it at all. Seriously. I'm not sure where the buzz of this store is coming from, but the fillings are definitely not up to the mark of numerous other random stores which I've had. There wasn't any garlic, and apart from the boiled turnip, the rest of the fillings were just pathetic in portions. I'm quite sure I can easily find any stores elsewhere that does better poh piah. No, make that "this is actually one of the lousier poh piah I've had". Makes me wonder if the reason for it being around for so long, is because it is the only poh piah stall in this food centre.