Friday, May 23, 2008

Sofra, Shaw Towers


Sofra (100 Beach Road, #02-42 Shaw Towers, tel: 6291 1433) turned out to be a little disappointing. The food portions are quite small, didn't taste anywhere extraordinary the service, although polite was rather slow. As with several of the other Middle Eastern places, some of the stuff looks like a mix of western. For a restaurant that has been around for quite some time, I was actually expecting something tasty out of their kitchen, but apparently things weren't quite what I had expected.

One of the little peeves I had about Sofra is the lack of free breads that accompany their dips like the hummus. I had thought that some ought to be available for each order of those dips, but apparently, it has to be ordered separately.


There was a strangely named dish, sultan kebap which was actually some sort of grilled lamb pieces with a potato and cheese gratin thing on the sides. The dish looked like it had been baked in a very hot oven. The mashed potato underneath the melted mozzarella cheese tasted very earthy, and apart from that, the dish tasted pretty much the way it looks. The chef platter which was essentially a mixed grill plate of meats was pretty ordinary as well. The funny thing is, I thought that the bread from this plate was actually the best tasting item on the overall. Everything else felt rather uninspired and I don't think I'm likely to come back again. There're better mixed kebabs elsewhere. And other.

2 comments:

Mr.galle said...

Hello, this brog is nice!!
I already link to this page.
If you don't mind. Please link to my blog this URL
http://foodsandfoods.blogspot.com/

Jaime-La-Nourriture said...

i love sofra food! it's interesting!