Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hainan Chicken Rice Ball, Jalan Besar

Hainan Chicken Rice Ball, Jalan Besar

Hainan Chicken Rice Ball, Jalan BesarI've been waiting to try out these chicken rice balls for ages despite being told that there was nothing much to them apart from being shaped into balls. I'd like to think sometimes that experience is the best teacher in life and nothing replaces the experience of actually eating them. I just had to come down to this stall in the coffeeshop at the end of Dickson Road (Boon Hwa Food Centre, 43 Jalan Besar). How was it? I wasn't impressed by the taste nor the portions which were quite small for $3.60. Two balls of rice were a little puny for my appetite. The dryish chicken drizzled with dark soy sauce wasn't anything much to be writing about. Heh! I had also imagined the rice to be more firm, akin to ketupat instead of crumbling apart when I dug my spoon into them. The chilli however was pleasantly filled with a spicy kick and the meal came with a bowl of herbal ba kut teh soup(?). Any better players for these stuff?
  Hainan Chicken Rice Ball, Jalan Besar

No comments: