Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rochor Original Beancurd, Short Street

Rochor Original Beancurd, you tiao
Rochor Original Beancurd, Short StreetI've eaten bean curd from this particular shop (2 Short Street) quite a few times and have always thought them to be pretty good. Just without the wow factor that many people seem to be crediting them for. This would be however, the first time that I'm getting the fried dough fritters with them. I've just realized now why they had to have so much of that syrup in the bowls of bean curd. I had always the syrup was excessive because it was too sweet. It was probably intended and great for dipping those fritters. To soak up those greasy strips of fried flour which made them savoury sweet. This made me rethink having bean curd here and I've a feeling that I'll return soon.

Rochor Original Beancurd, tau huay

3 comments:

Dora said...

Reminds me of JJ Lin's song...

LiquidShaDow said...

I'm not sure I understand this at all.

Dora said...

JJ Lin is a Singapore singer who used to sing a song named "bean curd - fried dough fritters".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lin_Jun_Jie