Monday, June 21, 2010

Modern Peking Duck, ION Orchard


I've always wondered about this Peking duck kiosk (2 Orchard Turn, #B4-75 ION Orchard, tel : +65 6509 8539) whenever I happened by. Deep inside, I was thinking that they couldn't be that great despite the queue. So I gave them a go and it was quite disappointing as Peking ducks go. The skin wasn't the least crispy and were a little chewy. My heart died a little when I saw them scraping away the bits of fat underneath the skin as they were preparing them. So the flavour as we know of them were pretty much out the window. I guess these things would be okay if you just thought of them as little duck in crepe snacks rather than Peking duck. Don't think I'll buy from them again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People don't even queue up there anymore, far cry from opening days!