Saturday, November 13, 2010

Big mixed grill from Colbar


It's been quite a while since I last visited Colbar. I haven't actually eaten here much so I still found the menu slightly overwhelming for such a little place. Today, I discovered that it's pretty much rearrangement of stuff over different items and really, there's not that much else I haven't eaten for the little times I've come over.

I ordered up the big mixed grill since the little one cost just 4 dollars less and it turned up to be a plate laden with some meats that one can get from other items on menu (as with all mixed grills). So there went the cow, the lamb, some sliced pig, unnamed pig parts in a tube form, a fried egg and a generous piece of cow liver, slathered in a rather ubiquitous brown sauce along with peas, mushrooms and chips. I can't say that it wasn't anything that I hadn't expected except for the liver which no one else really includes into their mixed grill. I'm thinking that this was probably one of the largest mixed grills I've had, and also probably the most expensive that I've come across for $25. A load of red meat, grease and stuff that your heart won't forgive you for in one seating.

No comments: