Monday, November 15, 2010

Huhu Udon, ION Orchard


So this is a new joint (2 Orchard Turn, #B4-56 ION Orchard, tel : +65 6509 3256) brought in by the En Group after Go!Go! Curry! down at the basement of ION Orchard. As the name implies, it's a place that sells udon and I've never really been big on those thick chewy noodles except for the unfortunate Wakashachiya.

I had to admit that the creamy mentaiko broth base attracted me more than a little and it turned out to be a very good thing. The piping hot soup was milky, yet light tasting and was quite generously laden with the flavors of the roe with the associated spiciness. Each mouthful brought eggs that burst between the teeth. So good that I practically drank it all up after finishing the udon. They also had the curry with shabu beef version which wasn't as spectacular, but featured a very decent light curry that was not slouch on the spice like most Japanese curry. The meat was however quite forgettable, but this was probably one of the better curry udons I've had along with that one from Bon Goût.

Wait a minute, I haven't had that much curry udon to speak of......

No comments: