Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Lucky Wanton Noodle, Tanjong Pagar

Lucky Wanton Noodle, Tanjong Pagar

It's been a number of years since I've last stepped into this hawker centre. Was a little overwhelmed over by options. The original intention for this out of the way lunch trip was to try a recommended nasi lemak but the said stall was closed. I ended up giving Lucky Wanton Noodles (Blk 6 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, #02-33) a try. Ordered a plate of their sui kao noodles with additional char siew

I liked it. They noodles weren't as chewy as I preferred but the mix of dark soy sauce, chilli sauce and pickled green chilli went some ways with the flavours and that helped. The char siew wasn't fantastic by any stretch. Tasted very old school to me. Much like how many char siew from wanton noodles stalls tasted when i was a kid. It was a pleasant kind of familiarity there. The dumplings were however pretty good. Pink minced pork, crunchy shrimps and bits of water chestnut.

No comments: