Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Lucky Wanton Noodle, Tanjong Pagar


It's actually be quite a number of years since I've last stepped into this hawker centre and I was quite bowled over by options. We were in fact coming on a very out of the way lunch trip to try a recommended nasi lemak, but the mentioned stall was closed. I ended up giving Lucky Wanton Noodles (Blk 6 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, #02-33) a try. And no, it wasn't wanton noodles but a plate of their shui kao noodles with additions of char siew.

I think I liked it. They noodles weren't as chewy as I preferred, but the mix of dark soy sauce, chilli and pickled green chilli certainly went some ways with the flavors. The char siew wasn't fantastic by any stretch. It tasted very old school to me. Much like how many char siew from wanton noodles stalls tasted when i was a kid. It was a pleasant kind of familiarity there. The dumplings were however pretty good. I'm talking pink minced pork, crunchy shrimps and bits of water chestnut.

No comments: