Monday, February 06, 2012

Tambuah Mas, Paragon

Yet another place which I've been meaning to mention for a while and have somehow neglected to. Tambuah Mas (290 Orchard Road, #B1-44 The Paragon, tel : +65 6733 2220) serves Indonesian styled food. This was my first visit to this outlet at Paragon after finding out that the other branch which I've been eating for the past few times at Marina Square was no longer in business.

There are more than a few dishes which I enjoyed here, but the laws of physics are pretty much absolute and sometimes, unforgiving.


The chicken satays were a first time order. What really shone for me was the rich and viscous peanut gravy that accompanied the skewers of chunky marinated chicken. I did think that they could have been improved with a bit more char.


The gravy from the sayur lodeh was a little on the thin side, but it still made a good accompaniment with their less than fluffy nasi putih.


Sauces and gravies are really one of the mainstays for me here. Their chicken korma was another order of choice that featured rich coconut laden gravy with a savoury bent and a very mild measure of heat. It certainly made me wolf down more rice than I would normally do.


The other item for us that's somewhat become a regular was their paru goreng. Those savoury deep fried cow lungs have light crisp on the outside and a beefy chew.


We ended this meal with a es buah atap which was essentially a glass of atap seeds in a bandung configuration to wash down the grill and spices.

Nothing earth shaking or mind blowing around here, just down to earth and hearty food to be had.

No comments: