Saturday, March 31, 2012

Yasuhan Japanese Restaurant, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Yasuhan Japanese Restaurant, Causeway Bay
This dinner at Yasuhan (2/F, Radiant Centre, No.7 Cannon Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, tel : +857 9222 8843) was an omakase arranged by a friend (thanks Alice!).


From the facade in streets just outside the building, one would little suspect that it housed the tiny 18 seater (I approximated) that whipped out exquisite Japanese cuisine at a price point that would put shame to similarly typed establishments back home.


There was a pretty textured paper place mat that denoted the season.

I liked the food. I was pretty sure that the pan fried A5 wagyu and fat laced toro slices, both of which were sweet and buttery swerved me towards a favourable disposition. I would have been remiss if I had not mentioned, that the largest hunk of floral uni which was the length from the tip of my thumb to the base helped as well. I am sometimes that easily made happy.

The rest of the items were so so, but the taste from the food were clean and precise. The fruit served at the end were surprisingly aromatic slices of apple of a balanced sweetness. Best damn apple I've ever had.

No comments: