This was quite a bit of food that we ordered at Yummy Recipes (7 Kallang Pudding Road, #01-08, tel : +65 6636-0603). And a surprisingly well done up decor for a restaurant located in an industrial region.
In my own interest of making this short and sweet, here were some of the mention worthy.
- Roasted pork belly was good with crispy crackling and tender meat. It wasn't very fatty.
- The fried rice both had excellent texture, but the olive rendition didn't quite taste enough of olives and the pork belly one smelled a lot nicer than there was flavor.
- Sucking pig was pretty good, but nothing comparable to those in Hong Kong.
- Pig stomach soup was pretty good with a strong peppery flavor. But I heard it was thickened by cornstarch.
- Assam curry fish head was awesome. It was a rich milky curry, robustly flavored with the sour from probably both assam and pineapples that were cooked in them. Flavor of the viscous curry was vibrant from the fruits, not flat. Only gripe was for $25, there was only half a fish head. Expensive. This was included in the menu as a local dish option, not a specialty from their Shanghainese chef obviously.
- Crispy noodles with seafood was very tasty as well. Generous portions of egg and seafood.
roasted pork belly
olive fried rice
pork belly fried rice
double boiled soup of chicken stuffed in pig's stomach
Penang assam curry fish head
crispy fried noodles with seafood
stir fried mee sua