Friday, November 30, 2012

Nam Nam Noodle Bar, Wheelock Place


Here's a mixed beef pho from Nam Nam Noodle Bar down at the basement of Wheelock Place. I must disclaim that I have not had pho in Vietnam and have no real basis for comparison except for our local Vietnamese joints. This was actually quite disappointing in terms of flavors from the broth. One could say it was a little bland. Coming from Annam (and by that virtue, Les Amis as well) I expected better quality control over the preparation of their ingredients. Sure the tripe was tasty and the miserable portions of sliced beef were nice and pink, but the briskets were rubbery and tough that I couldn't eat them at all. Is this how pho is suppose to taste like?

I would also recommend a pass on their Viet "drip coffee".  It didn't taste anything like it. I'm not sure I could bring myself back again even if I was curious about the bahn mi.

No comments: