Thursday, December 27, 2012

Bakmie Jakarta by Jiak Bak Mee, Killiney Road


This was interestingly as I see it, an Indonesian and halal version of our local ba chor mee that uses minced chicken instead of pork. The place (117a Killiney Road) also claims that their noodles are hand made daily. Hmmm......

I ordered up one of their bakmie ayam specials which was really a little bit of everything that they had as options on menu just so that I could try them along with their curly noodles in ketchup manis. On first though, I was thinking that these noodles were pretty ok. I certainly would love a little more chew in them. After finishing up, I realised that I was so much into eating that I had totally forgotten about their home made chilli sauce that they had on every table.

Down to the toppings, the only item that I really thought was good were their beef balls. The crispy wanton was simply just that which I didn't really care for and the fried chicken was puny and little to write home about. The portions here were a little small for a hungry person and extra noodles cost a princely $1.50.

The other thing that I found myself liking that I had seconds was their soda susu. Which was soda with condensed milk. Yes, I do not think I've had them before and the condensed milk was really what sealed my decision for me there.

Would I eat here again? Sure, if I'm in the vicinity. The small portions here were still better than the Kolo mee stall down the road which costs more and comes in even smaller portions.

1 comment:

ice said...

You can easily make soda susu at home using cherryade & condensed milk haha. Or happy soda using bandung, condensed milk & soda. Soda susu and happy soda are actually very common in indo eateries here in sg like Ayam Bakar Ojolali & Es Teler (if it's still around).