Monday, April 14, 2014

Ramen Bari-Uma at United Square


I remember a couple of things about Ramen Bari-Uma. First of which was the tonkotsu shoyu broth which I didn't dislike but couldn't quite form an opinion on and the second, was their flame scorched charshu which I remember enjoying. We popped by their second outlet (101 Thomson Road,#B1-08 United Square, tel : +65 6354 3711) at United Square for a quick dinner and well, I'm quite sure at this point I don't mind the broth at all. Their Charshu-Uma bowl featured pork that was both tender and crumbly with lattices of soft fat that barely held the slices together. It somehow didn't look as impressive as the picture on the menu (I know...) nor taste as good as the first time round.

What really registered for me this time round was the noodles. It's a little softer than I like it. I'm still searching for that well done harigane texture.

No comments: