Monday, June 16, 2014

Xing Ji Rou Cuo Mian (興記肉脞面), Bedok North

Xing Ji Rou Cuo Mian (興記肉脞面), Bedok North

I'm a dry ba chor mee person.

Have always been and will always be in the foreseeable future. Hence, I was really curious about magnet to the crowd for the soup rendition down at Xing Ji Rou Cuo Mian (#01-07, Fengshan Food Centre, Blk 85 Bedok North Street 4). Other than the fact that nothing gathers a crowd like a crowd that is. And I guess it helps some that they have a competent neighbour which is a competitor selling pretty much the same thing in the same style.

It was all okay. I don't mind eating this if I'm in the vicinity and if there's no queue. But otherwise, I don't think it'll be worth the time. The sliced chilli adds that bit of kick and aroma which helps with the relatively flat broth and the meatballs have dried sole in them which results in that particular brand of fragrance. I would have preferred mee pok but one cannot choose the noodles at this stall. The soup was....well, okay. I've had better.

No comments: