Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Xin Mei Congee, Ang Mo Kio Ave. 6


I have a little history with the chicken rice stall right next to this congee stall (#01-32, Blk 724 Ang Mo Kio Food Centre). I noticed that the chicken rice had a queue and promptly tried. I didn't think much of it. A long while later, I happened to be back here again and saw the same queue. I forgot that I didn't think much of their chicken rice and ordered it another time. The aftermath was the same. This time round, the same thing almost happened and I was fortunately reminded of the history and the déjà vu.

So it's congee today, with mixed ingredients. I took the top up option and an additional egg which ended up costing twice the price of the regular bowl. I think I like this, but it's noticeably more costly to eat nice at hawker centres these days. There was certainly some generosity with the ingredients which consisted mostly of sliced pork and some bits of fallopian tube and....gosh, I forgot what else. The dough fritters look like they were fried upon order and that made it pretty freshly crisp. Fairly decent yu sheng to be had here as well and those chilli padi sure packed heat.

No comments: