Friday, January 02, 2015

Jin Zhan Ji (金斩鸡), Kovan Food Centre

Jin Zhan Ji (金斩鸡), Kovan Food Centre

If I had to describe this chicken rice stall (Blk 209 Hougang St 21, #01-19) to myself, I probably would not have found much appeal to it. But as it turned out, I rather enjoyed their chicken rice. Their rice was a little dry and greasy and was actually pretty well flavoured by both the chicken stock and garlic that it wouldn’t even need the chilli. That being said, all that chook grease essence is definitely going to linger for some hours after as one would discover when the round trip completes.

Jin Zhan Ji (金斩鸡), chicken livers

Their overcooked livers were unfortunately little to write home about. The boiled chicken was however rather tender; if not having the firmest of flesh with skin that looked a little bumpy too. It reminded me more than a little of that rather well known stall down in Yishun Central. While it's neither horrific nor exactly my style, I'm not complaining. If you're into a lime-y chilli sauce, this place makes a decent rendition. 

Jin Zhan Ji (金斩鸡), chicken rice

No comments: