Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Dry curry chicken and dry laksa goreng from Curry Times


Just a quick one. While I wouldn’t consider Curry Times cheap, they do manage to capture slices of nostalgic flavours. Perhaps not all of it but enough that I'd come by once in a while. Sometimes for their interesting specials that aren’t found elsewhere.

So here’s their dry curry chicken which was quite good. For all the times where cooking was described to taste like grandma’s (not mine for sure) and didn't make the cut, this one did taste quite like the ones that my grandma used to make. It had what I thought to be a nice balance of nutty spice and heat. 


There's also a laksa goreng which was...well, okay I guess. I don't have much of a basis for comparison apart from the one back in Laksania. Quite edible but I had expected more out of it.

No comments: