Thursday, January 12, 2017

Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice, Tiong Bahru Market FC

Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice, Tiong Bahru Market FC

I gather that this stall (#02-82 Tiong Bahru Market and Food Centre, 30 Seng Poh Road) is pretty popular judging from the queue. What's more, this shop had been awarded the Bib Gourmand by Michelin last year. Now I'm not sure if I've ever had chicken rice from them before but from this first impressions, I quite like this. The rice had managed to be both light yet quite flavourful at the same time. Chicken was tender, decently done but nothing very much out of the ordinary. Still, this looks to be a reliable place for me to get a plate when the craving hits.

What is different about these guys are the salted vegetables that they add on the side and an accompanying bowl of salted vegetable soup instead of the usual tasteless cabbage broth most people do.

No comments: