Friday, July 07, 2017

A vanghi bath from MTR 1924

MTR 1924, ganghi bath

Something a little out of our usual ways, we came by to MTR for lunch and got ourselves a vanghi bath - a Southern Indian dish of brinjal rice. This isn't available everyday though and if my memory serves, just Tuesdays and Fridays. Now I didn't dislike this but I very much prefer their pudina bath because it was a much more savoury rice dish. This however was more spicy so to speak - a lot more warmth and some tanginess which I believe is from tamarind that was used. Wouldn't have minded if there were more brinjal in it. Well, at least I've tried this. I'll pick another of their rice dish the next time.

Didn't/couldn't pass on their rava idli. So good, especially with that splash of ghee and that warm sambar. I have gotten a conjoined twin today so yay, more idli!

MTR 1924, rava idli

No comments: