Saturday, July 08, 2017

Chicken dum briyani from Anjappar


This would be the Anjappar at Westgate (#04-08, 3 Gateway Drive, tel : +65 6566 5545). I wasn't quite in the mood to run through the menu and thought that it's probably a good time to just fall back on a simple dum briyani to see if these were any good here.

Now how did that go? The rice was light and fragrant from the spices while the chicken was tender. I suppose it would be fair to say that it was a competently done chicken dum briyani if not more. I didn't think it wow-ed me. I realized that I had actually been more impressed by the one at Shami's much more than this. The chicken thigh I had gotten wasn't very meaty too. But maybe it's because these guys don't use the GM birds? *cues flashback of stringy quail*

No comments: