Monday, July 03, 2017

Ma Li Ya Virgin Chicken (瑪莉亞處女雞), Chinatown Food Centre

Ma Li Ya Virgin Chicken (瑪莉亞處女雞), Chinatown Food Centre

I've been wanting to try the chicken rice from this stall (#02-189 Chinatown Food Centre, 335 Smith Street) for quite a while so here's a plate with a bit of almost everything. I'm glad it finally happened because I liked it. I'm impressed that the flavour and sweetness from their sauces permeated both the wobbly tofu (definitely worth considering) and even those chicken livers they had. Imagine. Sweet livers.

The chicken meat was tender with a similar light sweetness on the skin of the bird as the livers and tofu. And how fared the rice? They were good enough that one didn't actually need their garlicky chilli sauce. I did detect a hint of ginger in the rice there.

I'm thinking that this will likely become my go-to for soya sauce chicken in this food centre since I'm pretty sure that other Michelin starred one will continue to keep up their unbearable queues. While I'm readily admitting that they have a tastier soya sauce chicken, the truth is that it is no longer worth the time that one has to spend in the queue.

No comments: