Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Original Jalan Tua Kong 132, Sixth Avenue

Original Jalan Tua Kong 132, Sixth Avenue

I've heard about the Jalan Tua Kong noodle stall for some years and am aware that there are a few stalls. Personally, I don't know which was the original or the better. I was told that this was definitely not the original. This particular stall at Good Good Eating House (24 Sixth Ave.) was okay. If anyone's caught on that I'm not entirely impressed at this point, that would be about right. 

The toppings were generous and I suppose passed muster as a whole. Sliced fish cake, fish balls, sliced pork, minced pork, a single fish dumpling and a couple of shrimps. Chilli was gritty and packed a bit of heat. Ok, maybe I didn't like those flavourless shrimps very much.

Their mee pok was kinda disappointing though. The noodles were a little clumped together and didn't quite have that springy texture that I was looking forward to. Bummer. I wouldn't say that this was a bad bowl but it's definitely not one of the more enjoyable mee pok I've had. Wouldn't mind eating if I'm in the vicinity but it's not something that I would go out of the way for.

No comments: