Monday, September 17, 2018

Black Tap, Marina Bay Sands

Black Tap, Marina Bay Sands

I've never heard of Black Tap from New York until recently when they were announced to be opening up at Marina Bay Sands (L1-80 The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 10 Bayfront Avenue, tel : +65 66889957). Since then, I've been reading up a little. Their shops in NY get meat from Pat LaFrieda. I wonder if it's the same meat that's being used here.

Apparently, these guys are known for their "Crazyshakes" which looked very much like a fast track to diabetes. We were intrigued by their burgers instead.

Black Tap, brooklyn lager

Nursed a Brooklyn Lager while waiting for the food. The first time I had one of these was at Keens Steakhouse earlier this year. A dry-ish, not so bitter and hoppy brew I liked which reminded me of the Golden Ale from Brewerkz. Was definitely looking forward to this.

I was surprised that they even offered Singapore Blond Ale on tap though. I'm guessing that they must have been coerced into it because that was a lousy brew.

Black Tap, lamb burger
Black Tap, lamb burger
Black Tap, lamb burger

We had a couple of their burgers, both of which were pretty good. Totally blew the recent Nekkid experience out of the water. The one on top was the lamb - came with a solid coarse ground patty that packed a nice lamb-y flavour which held up in the face of the pickles and Swiss cheese. At this point, I'm pretty confident that this could possibly the best lamb burger we've had to date.  

Black Tap, greg norman
Black Tap, greg norman
Black Tap, greg norman

The Greg Norman was a kick ass blue cheese burger. I suppose I could understand why it had won the People's Choice award for the past consecutive years at the New York City Wine and Food Festival's Burger Bash. There was a good amount of the blue cheese that it was satisfying without overwhelming that wagyu patty that they used. That is balance right there. Speaking of the patty, it came with a nice crust around that medium doneness. Fries were good.

Black Tap, peanut butter shake

No Crazyshakes for us. Just a classic peanut butter with whipped cream. Nice.

Black Tap, Marina Bay Sands

No comments: