Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Tendon Kohaku's Autumn

Tendon Kohaku

I've never fully understood Tendon Kohaku. I've eaten at their shop at Suntec once at the end of last year when they were featuring their winter tendon. This was their autumn bowl at Chinatown Point (#02-34 Chinatown Point, 133 New Bridge Road, tel : +65 64434355) in the space previously occupied by Kin Cow. Looked not much like those pictures in social media.

Tendon Kohaku, maple leaf

At least the maple leaf didn't. I was given the impression from the maple leaf pictures from their tendon I had seen online that these guys might have had the kekkei genkai of Tenshin. I was sorely mistaken. Batter is on the whole a little too much which in turn held on to too much grease. The bowl represented pretty good value for the ingredients but I don't think it's worth coming back for the tempura.

Tendon Kohaku

No comments: