Friday, November 02, 2018

Autumn sushi omakase with matsutake at Kuro Maguro

Kuro Maguro, sushi matsutake

This wasn't so much of a traditional omakase as one would expect but a selection of the commonly available fish options for sushi at Kuro Maguro along with one matsutake nigiri. Going for $28.20 with the JPassport redemption rather than $70.50. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have paid that "usual" price. The sushi was reasonably tasty and their hon maguro - especially that otoro was delicious. I liked the matsutake but it was a little small to be satisfying. 

Kuro Maguro, sanma yaki

Sanma is in season so we got one grilled. I remember that these used to be bigger when I had them last year and that they had totally cleaned the innards. Today's smaller fish was filled with those fishy bittersweet dark bits of meat.

Kuro Maguro, Guoco Tower

No comments: