Monday, November 26, 2018

Guan's Mee Pok, Capitol Piazza

Guan's Mee Pok, fish maw mee pok

I first ate Guan's Mee Pok a couple of years ago. At least I remembered it to have been a couple of years back. That was in Maxwell Food Centre. I knew nothing about them then (they've apparently been around for quite a while) and merely saw them as another stall that wasn't shabby. Fast forward to these recent times, it seems that they've a few shops around. It's always curious how some of the "know it alls" out there attempt to justify their recommendations by vaguely writing a superficial timeline of events that seemingly is supposed to explain how good said recommendations of Guan's are. 

This bowl was from Food Republic at Capitol Piazza.

Guan's Mee Pok, prawn patty soup

I got the fish maw bowl without chilli and with vinegar. Noodle's not bad - that being said, there're plenty of "not bads" out there as well. What worked for me personally were the marinated cut red chilli in soy sauce which was pretty kickass from the heat and saltiness; with both the noodles and those large pieces of fish maw which readily soaked them up. Loved that ni tamago which was a bonus. The prawn patties in soup were delicious. Reminded me of a chunkier version of those that Bai Nian does.

I don't mind coming back. These guys were pretty pricey though.

Guan's Mee Pok, Capitol Piazza

No comments: