Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Kyushu ramen and apple yoghurt salad from Tampopo

Tampopo, kyushu ramen

I've had my first taste of Kyushu styled ramen from Tampopo. It's always been a sort of reference for me for tonkotsu based bowls because I liked their creamy but thin broth and it was about the time I started learning more about ramen and their broth. These days we have plenty of other options for tonkotsu. I can't even differentiate if they're Kyushu, Hakata or Fukuoka styled these days. Or even if there's a difference.

Tampopo, apple yoghurt salad

There's an apple yoghurt salad in season now. Personally, yoghurt's much nicer than most other creamy salad dressing.

Tampopo

But back to this. I don't think much has changed for their Kyushu styled bowl. Charshu's thin sliced and flavoured with fat. As much as these guys aren't a ramen-ya, I like theirs. Still not getting much of the mentaiko until the end of the broth though.

No comments: