Friday, August 16, 2019

Calculations and the pastrami Reuben from Park Bench Deli

Park Bench Deli, pastrami reuben

I'll never make a Reuben at home. I don't know where to get good/fresh pastrami and won't bother to pan fry even if I did. It's a drag to butter toast the rye and last I checked, I don't know how to make a Russian slaw. It is an effort in itself, not something I could lazily quickly assemble. And then that whole grain mustard and sliced Swiss cheese. I've resigned to paying for one when I want one. Speaking of which, I was hoping that at $24 (before tax) I could have gotten more pastrami in this one from Park Bench Deli.

Park Bench Deli, pastrami reuben

It's actually pretty good. Balanced even that I could taste all the ingredients from the cheese to the mustard and the slaw and meat combination. Balanced that it had varying dimensions in each bite. That doesn't excuse it from being expensive. I've had one or two that could have beat this. I've had ones that were good enough and much less expensive. And had those that I shouldn't even be comparing to. As I've said, pretty good. Just wished that they were more generous with what's between the bread.

Park Bench Deli, pastrami reuben

No comments: