Monday, November 11, 2019

Da Po Hainanese Chicken Rice & Curry Chicken Noodles (大坡海南鸡饭咖喱鸡面), Golden Mile Food Centre

Da Po Hainanese Chicken Rice & Curry Chicken Noodles (大坡海南鸡饭咖喱鸡面), curry chicken noodles

I've been wanting to come by Da Po (#B1-53 Golden Mile Food Centre, 505 Beach Road) for years. This bowl happened just recently. I was initially intrigued by them selling both chicken rice and curry noodles. Got pushed over the edge when I saw their curry noodles featured in an online video so here we were.

I think comparison have been made and I'm in agreement with the fact that Da Po's curry is more savoury compared to Heng Kee and Ah Heng. It's also richer tasting though it didn't have the viscosity texture that richer curries tend to have. Those alone put Da Po ahead of the other two stalls for me. Noticed that the curry was also more spicy than their chilli paste. Which wasn't very spicy at all but packed some saltiness and a lot of flavour.

That's the $8 bowl which with boiled chicken, fish cake, tau pok, potatoes and pig skin. Pretty good eat. Would not mind them if I'm in the vicinity. I'm curious about their chicken rice though.

Da Po Hainanese Chicken Rice & Curry Chicken Noodles (大坡海南鸡饭咖喱鸡面), Golden Mile Food Centre

No comments: