Sunday, April 05, 2020

Chapter 55, Tiong Bahru Road

Chapter 55, Tiong Bahru Road

I've been to Chapter 55 (#01-37, 55 Tiong Bahru Road, tel : +65 6221 2219) a few of times before and I did enjoy some of their food - hence worth a mention. The menu seemed to have changed recently though. 

Chapter 55, spaghetti vongole

Chapter 55 has their rendition of spaghetti vongole - one which is pretty garlicky with a bit of heat from the chilli. This version in my opinion has little focus on the quality of the olive oil or the clams. It's an unapologetically localized garlic and chilli rendition which I thought was quite nice.

Chapter 55, duck lychee pizza

Their pizza wasn't particularly Italian and definitely not Neapolitan. There's a thin crispy crust, not so airy and has a texture similar to crackers. Interestingly, there's one with duck and lychee for topping. Can't say I didn't enjoy this. 

Chapter 55, Tiong Bahru Road

No comments: