Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Bedok Bak Chor Mee (天下無敵之勿洛肉脞面), Circular Road

Bedok Bak Chor Mee (天下無敵之勿洛肉脞面), soup

It wasn't until I had gotten the receipt that I realized these guys called themselves Invincible Bedok Bak Chor Mee (13 Circular Road). With a name like that, how could I not give them a chance?

Anyways, these guys do what is known (to me lately) as Bedok styled ba chor mee. I hadn't realized that the soup variety was also known as "Bedok styled". Then again, I've always been a dry ba chor mee person.

Bedok Bak Chor Mee (天下無敵之勿洛肉脞面), dry
Bedok Bak Chor Mee (天下無敵之勿洛肉脞面), wanton soup

We tried a dry bowl and another that's with soup. The dry bowl had some burn from their chilli sauce. Didn't taste like the regular variety that I'm familiar with so I guess it's their own mix of condiments. Not bad but not so good that I'll be yearning for another bowl soon. Actually preferred the soup bowl which featured a lightly sweet broth. No intense flavour in that broth like Tai Hwa though.

Bedok Bak Chor Mee (天下無敵之勿洛肉脞面), wu xiang

They also have wu xiang on the side. Decent tasting, nothing remarkable about them.

Bedok Bak Chor Mee, Circular Road

No comments: