Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Healthy Soba IKI, One Raffles Place

Healthy Soba IKI, lemon soba

Found out about this shop (#04-47 One Raffles Place, 1 Raffles Place, tel : +65 6438 6022) from social media not too long ago. Apparently they've been around for years but I haven't heard of them until recently. What appealed to me from their menu was that they had a variety of cold soba - something this country has a dearth of considering that we're under sweltering heat most of the time.

Healthy Soba IKI, lemon soba

Got a set which came with one mini rice bowl, a soba and tea. This was the lemon soba from their seasonal menu which I knew I had to get. Shredded chicken, daikon oroshi, some sliced okura and lemon in a chilled tsuyu. Very nice and perfect for the sweltering heat that I was talking about. The broth didn't have a similar smokiness like the one from Tokyo Soba and the lemon didn't match the citrus fragrance from the sudachi bowl from Keria but hell yeah it was still enjoyable.

Healthy Soba IKI, avocado shirasu don

Picked the mini rice bowl that had shirasu and avocado for my set. The only rice bowl option that was only available as part of their set and not available for a la carte in normal size (but then again, maybe I should try asking the next time). I also knew I had to get it because shirasu. And maybe avocado too. This was so good. Warm rice with the saltiness from the fish. 

Healthy Soba IKI, lemon soba

That chilled lemon dashi broth was so enjoyable. 

Healthy Soba IKI, One Raffles Place

No comments: