Friday, November 27, 2020

Chung Cheng Chilli Mee (崇正), Golden Mile Food Centre

Chung Cheng Chilli Mee - chilli mee

I've never heard of chilli mee until recently. All signs pointed to this and only this stall (#01-59 Golden Mile Food Centre, 505 Beach Road) on the island so I took the bait and got myself a bowl. Mine's $4 mee kia. The $3 doesn't have pork ribs while the $5 has more portions for the prawns and ribs. It looked and tasted like a bowl of dry hae mee with their brand of in house chilli sauce.

Speaking of which....that chilli was more of a paste than a sauce. I picked up fried shallots, hae bee along with some sweet nuttiness which reminded me of satay bee hoon. Those and the heat. It's not so spicy in spite of appearances. Ingredients tasted fresh - that included a single prawn, pork ribs which were tender but has relatively little meat, crunchy bean sprouts and some tau pok. The bowl of noodles came with some sweet herbal-ish prawn soup. Not the powerful kind mind you. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this chilli mee. Maybe another bowl another time to decide.

Chung Cheng Chilli Mee - stall

No comments: