Friday, January 01, 2021

The last dinner of 2020

Suju Japanese Restaurant, Mandarin Gallery

2020 has been a trying year. For many and for myself. While I was tempted to say that I hope the next year would better or some shit like that, I caught myself because know that's not how it works. Reality would not bend for a change in the calendar. But I do hope that things get better as we go along and here's our happy meal from our favourite teishoku restaurant to mark an end to the annual milestone. And the link to all the times that we came here before that (, , , , , , , , , , 十一, 十二, 十三 ).

Suju Japanese Restaurant, lemon tea

I ordered lemon tea for the first time here because for reasons, they ran out of their Suntory on tap. I could be wrong but this tasted like something out of a can. From Seasons.

Suju Japanese Restaurant, sweet corn tempura

Sweet corn tempura which we've had previously. Nice munching with a bit of salt.

Suju Japanese Restaurant, scallops soy sauce butter

This was a first. Scallops they described in butter and soya sauce. Could taste the soya sauce but not the butter in the sauce. The scallops were really nice. The exterior was done with just the light char that flavour from the caramelization came through with insides that were still slightly rare. Vegetables were good quality, well cooked and juicy.

Suju Japanese Restaurant, white fish shisho tempura

Doesn't look apparent but this was their white fish in shiso tempura.

Suju Japanese Restaurant, beef cheek miso nikomi

A happy meal deserves their beef cheek in miso and red wine. 

Suju Japanese Restaurant, gindara teriyaki

Suju also has one of the better gindara teriyaki I've had.

Suju Japanese Restaurant, gohan set

One of the happy components of having a meal here is the rice and those takuan. They pair so well together and I almost always get seconds.
 
Suju Japanese Restaurant, Mandarin Gallery

No comments: