Monday, June 22, 2015

Men-ichi, Northpoint

Men-ichi, prawn fried rice

Men-ichi (930 Yishun Ave 2, #01-22/23 Northpoint, tel : +65 6794 5125) is a casual family joint run by the RE&S group which operates a spectrum of Japanese restaurants. It includes Sumiya which I am rather fond of for their lunch, the Ichiban chains which I do not like and even someplace rather respectable looking like Kuriya which I have never eaten at. I had never given this place beyond an occasional glance until quite recently I had ended up eating there.

I still wouldn't order from the most of the menu but their ebi yakimeshi was an unexpectedly decent fried rice with shreds of real prawn, lots of egg and not excessively greasy. I actually kinda enjoyed their aburi-ed mentai-mayo sake harasu sushi also. The latter reads thick slices of torched salmon belly with mentaiko mayonnaise draped over vinegared rice.

Men-ichi, mentai salmon belly sushi

No comments: