Sunday, November 18, 2018

Gin & Brunch from The Masses


It's been a while since we were last here at The Masses so we came by for their Gin & Brunch which was essentially the brunch menu for their weekends with a time limited option for bottomless....well, gin and other alcoholic beverages.


I had none of those. But I ordered a mojito gao. The gao option was a double dose of rum. Poorly priced, low in volume and not well made in my opinion. Pretty sure I've had stiffer drinks without exercising a gao option.


Their C&C&C&C pasta was good though. The umami combination of the ingredients with the bisque was delicious; almost like the last time we had them. This rendition was enhanced from those bits of chorizo.


These guys have a pulled duck chee cheong fun. The combination of the sambal, what appeared to be achar and balsamic vinegar was lively. Those rice rolls were stuffed with plenty of duck. With all the flavours and textures going on, it didn't taste anything like most chee cheong fun. It was tasty though.


I was looking forward to their uni and scrambled egg toast. Nice and buttery with some pickled shallots as a break from all the buttery creaminess. Pretty expensive. If I were eating only this I would have needed at least two orders. For what they charged, I had expected bit more uni and better looking ones too.


Tried the bone marrow with toast. I thought it would have been much better without distractions like the crispy bits. Or even those mushrooms. Won't be wasting money on these again. 


Finished with matcha and houjicha milk tea that's a collaboration with Matchaya. Nicely done foam. Tea was pretty good.

No comments: