Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ythu Wendy Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine, Food Opera @ ION Orchard


Believe it or not, this is the third or fourth time this year I've been ordering the chicken chop rice from this stall (Stall #5 Food Opera, Basement 4). It all started off with running out of ideas on what to eat in a place filled with food. So I gave them a try and somehow, their lemongrass and orange marinated chicken that was oven grilled got me hooked. I'm not sure still why that is so since there is clearly no markings of an excellent grill. I guess it must be the whole package with the fish sauce and chilli mixture on the side and the appetizing mango salad with a breath of basil and mint along with the crunch of toasted peanuts.

The simplicity of it all resonates with what street food really is at heart. Albeit it's all sold at a premium food court price. This will not be my last visit.

No comments: