Thursday, April 29, 2010

Marutama Ramen, The Central

Marutama Ramen, The Central
Yes, it had taken me this very long to come down to Marutama (6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #03-90/91 The Central @ Clarke Quay, tel : +65 6534 8090) and after two separate visits, the verdict is that the ramen here agrees with me. In the earlier days of this ramen-ya, what kept me away were the horrendous queues. Which doesn't seem to be as deterring these days. At least for the weekdays it seemed so.

What made the ramen agreeable with me was the thick chicken broth and thin eggy ramen which had a bite which I liked. Both the charshu and aji tamago had noticeable flavours of soya sauce. The seven nut soup however, tasted just a little spicy (in a Korean kind of way) and with no hints of nuttish-ness I was expecting. The delicious dish of daikon arrived piping hot and there was also a charshu bowl which did featured their some tasty grilled pork; though the latter didn't quite measure up for me as a donburi.

I'll definitely be back.

Marutama Ramen, The Central
Marutama Ramen, aka ramen
Marutama Ramen, daikon
Marutama Ramen, charshu don

No comments: