Sunday, February 08, 2015

Another lunch at Luke's Oyster Bar......with steak!

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House

It's been a while, but I favour this location in town over the one at Gemmill Lane. I appreciate the dark wood and black that helps with the luminance of the mid day.

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House, bloody mary

I like their Bloody Mary. It's somehow better than the rest I've had. It was suggested that a certain brininess could be tasted within. I personally don't know. I just liked that there was enough of that tang, salt and heat within the chilled viscosity.

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House, corn bread

The corn bread were their usual. Just enough to go round in the mouth to make you remember that it's pretty good and that more would not be unwelcomed.

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House, clam chowder

The decision to serve a chowder in a jar is probably, largely aesthetics on stage. It's also probably not the best vessel for soup to work with their soup spoons.

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House, clam chowder

But of course, being served in a jar does nothing to take away the fact that the clam chowder is one of the better ones in town. With real briny clams and a rich but not overwhelmingly so base.

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House, tenderloin

I remembered someone having their lunch steak from across the table during the last visit. It looked delicious and so here I am having one. The steak was an excellent medium rare tenderloin, boldly salted and crusted on the sides with peppercorn. Crust was umami-azing.

I seem to recall the menu saying BĂ©arnaise on the side so I believe that's their rendition. A place with penchant for butter which shows when it is used in the food. I'm not complaining.

Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House, travis burger

This was the first time we've had add ons to the "Travis" burger. It was just a fried egg and avocado so......no, we didn't ruin the flavour profile. Even through the add ons, the results of the Maillard reaction still shone with the aged beef patty. The only thing that didn't quite work for me were the fries. Don't quite like the fries at this place.

No comments: