Sunday, June 02, 2019

Scrambled, Icon Village

Scrambled, Icon Village

I've heard about how the owners of Scrambled (#01-33/34 Icon Village, 12 Gopeng Street, tel : +65 6221 0289) came from pedigreed culinary backgrounds. Scrambled reminded me of Eggslut. But something didn't quite click here. All that cooking background had somehow reduced themselves a signature sandwich of eggs that were a little too scrambled than most scrambled eggs; using cheese that wasn't very salty in conjunction with sweetness from both the buns and caramelized onions that were performing the roles of a foil over an almost non-existent saltiness. 

I like my breakfast sandwiches savoury. This wasn't it. No hot sauce to make up for it neither. For more than double the price of a McD breakfast minus the satisfaction, I didn't think it was worth what they charged.

Scrambled, Icon Village

No comments: