Thursday, June 20, 2019

Yet another meal at Luka

Ristorante Luka, Tanjong Pagar Road

There's a saying that the third time's a charm. I've never discovered the origins of that saying nor put much stock in it but it seemed to be true for Luka and us. The end of the last visit had me still sitting on the fence about how I felt about their food. Tonight was assertively much better.

Ristorante Luka, hokkaido oysters

There were Hokkaido oysters. We had some. Not bad. Pretty creamy. Though I am pretty sure that the ones we had a couple of months back from Keria were more impressive.

Ristorante Luka, sotong

We ordered their sotong. Pretty good chewy and tender sautéed squids that was served on a bed of squid ink cream and a spicy arrabiata-esque sauce. I liked those sauces.

Ristorante Luka, shirasu aglio olio

Luka has a shirasu aglio olio. Not the traditional Italian aglio olio but Luka's rendition. A little wet with a very light garlic-ky tomato base that was spiked with capers and shiso. I was hoping for more shirasu though but I couldn't complain. The pasta was umami-licious and the texture of the spaghetti was just spot on.

Ristorante Luka, pizza mozzarella mushrooms truffle paste egg

Mozzarella, mushrooms, truffle paste and egg - can't get much safer than that these days. I liked that it wasn't overly truffle-y. What impressed me about today's pizza was the crust. Light, airy and had a cornicione that was almost fluffy. The pie was so easy to eat. I need to come back for more. 

No comments: