Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Three Buns, Robertson Quay

Three Buns, rambo lamb burger

I've had an impression formed of the Potato Head Folk and their Three Buns. Not my style. Proven once and again. So why did I end up here in this shop (60 Robertson Quay)? I got suckered by their Impossible™burger. But I think this third time will be the charm that finally takes hold.  

Three Buns, impossible burger

We tried a couple of burgers. The Rambo on top which featured Dorper lamb patties with feta, pickled aubergine and some nice cumin flavouring. In the pickled aubergine laid the essence of Three Buns. The thing/things that kill the burger. For me that is. The domineeringly sour pickle that detracted from the flavours of the lamb. This could have been pretty good if not for that.

Their Impossible™Chedda was similarly profiled by their pickle. My opinion was that the cheese, ketchup and pureed onion would probably have sufficed but these guys obviously saw the value in going their extra mile in overloading their burgers with more sourness. It seemed as though they were ashamed of the ingredients that they were using. This was the lousiest out of the three Impossible burgers I've had so far.   

Three Buns, truffle cheese fries

And here they serve fries with truffle cheese sauce, shaved truffles and truffle aioli. Can anyone see any shaven truffles anywhere? I sure didn't. Those fries did not taste very truffle-y at all if you asked me.

Three Buns, whisky vanilla shake

Monkey Shoulder infused Madagascan vanilla milkshake? Didn't like this. Not so much the whiskey. It was the shake that I didn't like.

Three Buns, Robertson Quay

No comments: