Monday, September 07, 2015

Sanpoutei Ramen, Shaw House

Sanpoutei Ramen, shoyu

This was a ramen shop from Niigata. I'll admit that in spite of having seen Sanpoutei (#B1-04 Shaw House, 350 Orchard Road, tel : +65 6836 4644) around for a while, I've always avoided them because of the connotations with the Breadtalk Group which brought them in. Eventually I buckled under curiosity and since I didn't even dislike the tonkotsu experience at the other ramen place, why not? 

Here's their Niigata shoyu bowl with a broth that featured a blend with dried sardines. I liked it. The broth was lightweight and savoury while those noodles were springy. The menma fortunately didn't have that pungent flavour that gets most people worried and the lightly smoky charshu disintegrated readily in the mouth. I'm glad that curiosity didn't kill the cat here. Also quite sure I'll come back when I'm considering a light bowl. I did spy a tsukemen which I could be interested in as well.

No comments: